Installing USB Wifi Driver without Internet

Due to my circumstances, I can only operate my machine through a USB-Wifi Adapter. I’ve purchased TP-link TL-WN725N. Some have told me it works out of the box but this hasn’t been the case for me, so I believe I need to install the driver as outlined here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1047832/tp-link-tl-wn725n-driver-for-18-04-version

My problem is I cannot run these commands without a pre-existing internet connection. I cannot forge a temporary Ethernet connection to communicate these commands.

I was wondering if there was a tool that would allow me to make these inputs to my HiveOS flash drive through my Windows 10 laptop. Alternatively, if there is a custom HiveOS build that comes with this driver pre-installed. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

Not sure if this supports Linux operation, if it does then just booting the system then running the command for wifi should pop up a list of available networks. If the is not happening then the wifi adaptor is not Linux compatible right out of the box. I bought one one on Amazon that is compatible and as soon as I plugged it in, went to the commands, typed in wifi, it gave me the network list, I chose the number , put in my pw and it was golden from there.

I used this one:

USB WiFi Adapter 1200Mbps USB 3.0 WiFi 802.11 ac Wireless Network Adapter with Dual Band 2.42GHz/5.8GHz/ 5dBi High Gain Antenna for Desktop Windows XP/Vista / 7-10 Mac/Linux Amazon.com

1 Like