PWM CHA fan control thru Hive OS

Hello,
Is there any possibility to control fans connected to CHA fan 4 pin on mobo ?
Or better to connect fans to Nvidia central gpu 3 pin on on card to have controller over them?

Did that on a Asus TUF H470 Pro.

1 Like

I got b250 mining expert mobo. May I ask for little more step by step? I am Linux beginner. Best would be to execute ie 70% at winter time and 100% at summer. Rig is in open frame (made by me) therefore propably sensor shows 20-25 degrees wouldn’t be this a problem?

I got deepcool 10 fan adapter witch have 1 pwm 4 pin intput witch I want to connect to cha fan output in mobo and Sata input for power all 10 fans. To be honest I do not see sensor tab on hiveos ? Where can I get it ?

For the thread I linked you need a shell / terminal / console to the system and little experience with linux. With shell scripts you can realize the 70% during winter and 100% fan speed during summer time.

Would be nice by HiveOS to integrate into the GUI.

3 Likes

Ok and it will be persistent or I have to set it every reboot (I got power cyclo switched on)?
Pwm value is 0-255 where 0 is 0% and 255% is 100%?

Exactly - while 255 is 100% fan speed - you have to check how low you can go with your fans. Mine stop below the value of 100.

For power cycles or reboots I have a script in my root folder.

It is called “fans_50_percent.sh” (beside other scripts for other speeds) and looks like

#!/usr/bin/env bash

echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable
echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm3_enable
echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm4_enable

echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1
echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm3
echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm4

In the root folder there is a file called xinit.user.sh which is automatically run after a boot.
I added the line /home/user/fans_50_percent.sh to set my fan speeds on reboot.

4 Likes

Shell in box will do?

SSH is your friend.

1 Like

Little ot : how to check total up time?

Will this work better than the Hive Shell?

I’m a little stuck on where to execute sensors.

Thank in advance.

Hello G11. First of all I thank you for your help and your precious advice. I can drive the CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 from my H110 pro btc motherboard. I had to do a sensor detect to do this and then I used pwmconfig. After booting I can use the command lines from your fan.sh file. However, despite having created a file with the command lines suitable for my fan sensors, I am unable to launch them automatically when hiveos starts up. An idea ? Can I put the command lines directly in the xinit.user.sh?

Hoping for some advice

Trying to control PWM fans connected to mboard using above steps.

All good up to this point

when I do
echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable
or
echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1

I get permission denied
even as root “sudo -s”

how do i set these ?
Thanks

tnx for that

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.